In this post, I want to share some special moments and projects from 2023 to not only celebrate our successes, but also highlight the people and stories behind our work.
Anniversary: we have been required for 10 years
The year 2023 marked the 10th anniversary of our agency. In February 2013, we made our company concept, which we launched in 2009, official – we founded required gmbh. Since then, we have grown slowly and sustainably and can look back on 10 interesting years with a great team, exciting projects and wonderful clients.
Our projects in 2023
Neue Zürcher Zeitung
New startpage concept for NZZ: We started the year with a special project for our UX design team. We were commissioned by the Neue Zürcher Zeitung to redesign the nzz.ch homepage. Working closely with the NZZ editorial team, we collected requirements, conceptualised ideas and implemented a mobile-first approach for the newsroom. A detailed case study on our portfolio will follow shortly.
Orientation for residents of the city of Zurich: Every year, many people move to or within the city of Zurich. We have implemented zhmobil.ch in collaboration with the Zurich transport authority, which helps all new arrivals to familiarise themselves quickly and easily with their new residential area. Go to Case-Study
A magazine that tells informative stories about everyday life in Zurich’s transport system and its players: VBZOnline.ch is dedicated to topics such as a sustainable lifestyle, urban living, mobility and much more. We had the honour of redesigning the entire magazine. More about the magazine
New website with extensive advertising formats: Just in time for the new year, we have launched the new website for Ringier Advertising. In addition to classic functions and content, the website is primarily characterised by the many filter options for the extensive advertising formats and Ringier brands. Visitors can also save these to a watch list and download them as a complete package. Case Study
Customer dashboard for exciting reports on advertising media: After we had realised the public website for Ringier Advertising, the second half of the year was dedicated to the customer dashboard. A login area in which Ringier customers can view exciting reports and preview their booked advertising directly in the PDF editions. The case study will follow.
We have been able to count hostettler autotechnik ag among our customers for some time now; among other things, we have realised the websites for the workshop concepts autofit.ch, autopro.ch and egarage.ch. This year, the new main website autotechnik.ch was added, which impresses with a fresh, modern design and clearly structured presentation of the product range. autotechnik.ch
Phase 4: Berufswahlportal Kt. Zürich
The career choice portal, which we launched in summer 2019 together with the Zurich Office for Youth and Counselling, entered its fourth phase in 2023. This included a blog on career choice tips, a new game where the target group can find their favourite career fields step by step using pictures, as well as an updated digital interest test for career choice, which teachers can take with the young people in the career choice class.
New editor for content creation: We have been looking after the Pro Senectute Canton Zurich website and providing support services for a few years now. This year, we took the step away from a proprietary page builder and implemented a modern WordPress block editor. In the process, many parts of the content were redesigned and the design underwent a minimal refresh. pszh.ch
We were also able to develop various new functions for Kaufleuten. For years, we have not only been looking after the website, where tickets can be purchased directly, but also their event management tool and have extensions such as the scanner app and an app for the screen projection that is shown during the interval of each event. More on our portfolio
And at the end of the year, we were able to realise the new website of our long-standing client Pro Helvetia. We successfully launched prohelvetia.ch in close collaboration with Pro Helvetia’s communications team and the design agency reverse ag. See on prohelvetia.ch
Our team has not only proven itself in the digital realm, but also in the physical world, where we met at various team retreats and conferences. Because 2023 was a year in which the open source community once again organised various physical conferences. Of course, we didn’t want to miss out on this. Here is an overview of our meetings:
The required team posing for the group photo in the Neubad Lucerne
- WIAD Conference sponsorship with Freshjobs: WIAD Zurich took place in March 2023, which we have been supporting for several years with our Freshjobs job platform. Karin and Tuğçe Nur were on-site.
- WordCamp Switzerland: At WordCamp Switzerland in April, the whole team met up in Murten, Switzerland. This was the first time we all got together in real-life since the two new team members Tuğçe Nur and Jeff joined in autumn 2022. As a Gold Sponsor, there was always someone from us at the sponsor stand and Karin also made an appearance at the closing panel, where the future of WordPress was discussed.
- Visiting Athens for WordCamp Europe: Some of our team met up for a mini-retreat in Athens in early summer. WordPress was celebrating its 20th anniversary at the largest WordPress conference in Europe – something Karin, Jeff, Dominik and Velthy didn’t want to miss. Jeff took part in his first Contributor Day and worked diligently in the Accessibility Team. You can read his contribution here. Read more about our time in Athens in the article: A birthday party above the rooftops of Athens.
- WordCamp Germany: After a four-year break, a WordCamp finally took place in Germany again. Karin and Dominik were there to take part in the event and promote WordPress in terms of core development and sustainability. You can read more about it in the article: The first WordCamp Germany
- XMAS Retreat in Lucerne: Our location in Lucerne with the Alps and Lake Lucerne formed the backdrop for our 3-day company retreat, which brought together our team from Germany and various parts of Switzerland. In an exquisite hotel right on the shores of the lake, the retreat promised not only a break from everyday working life, but also a variety of exciting experiences. Read more about it in the article Bouldering and fine dining: company retreat 2023
The get-togethers were not only an opportunity to unwind from the hustle and bustle of office life, but also provided us with a platform to strengthen our team dynamic and look to the future together. These moments of togetherness strengthened our bond and reminded us that behind every successful website is a team of passionate and dedicated people.
In this context, we would like to thank our loyal customers who have been with us for many years.