Today we’re happy to announce the public release of Traduttore 3.0.
Traduttore is our open-source WordPress plugin that allows you to host your own WordPress.org-style translation API for your WordPress projects. We use it for our custom plugins and themes for our clients.
In this version we focused on making the plugin more modular which gave us the opportunity to support not just GitHub as a source but also Bitbucket, GitLab or even self-managed repositories.
We have heard your feedback and have improved the documentation which you can find on https://wearerequired.github.io/traduttore/. Please let us know if anything is missing.
We also updated Traduttore Registry, the integration library for your plugin and themes, to be more reliable when it comes to new projects and translations.
You can get the new versions on GitHub or via Composer:
If you find any issues and have some feedback, please do not hesitate to report them on GitHub as an issue.
Due to the large number of changes in the release it is recommended to update all of the language packs. This can be done with the WP-CLI command
wp traduttore language-pack build --all.
- Heavy architectural changes to make the plugin more modular.
- All filters and actions now use
.as the separator between the prefix and hook name instead of
- Scheduling of cron events to reduce number of unnecessary builds and updates.
- Bump Traduttore Registry version to 2.0.
- Existing WP-CLI commands:
wp traduttore build <project>→
wp traduttore language-pack build <project>
wp traduttore cache clear <project>→
wp traduttore project cache clear <project>
wp traduttore update <project>→
wp traduttore project update <project>
- Support for Bitbucket.org repositories (Mercurial and Git).
- Support for GitLab repositories.
- Support for self-managed repositories (GitLab and others).
- New REST API route for incoming webhooks (
- Greatly improved documentation.
- New WP-CLI commands:
wp traduttore infofor information about the Traduttore setup.
wp traduttore project info <project>for information about a project.
wp traduttore language-pack list <project>for listing all language packs in a project.
- The REST API route
github-webhook/v1/push-eventfor incoming webhooks is replaced by
- Remove all filters and actions with
_as the separator.
Changelog Traduttore Registry
- Delete cached API results when plugins/themes are updated to avoid stale or missing translation updates.
- Integration tests.
- Support for PHP 7.0.